[sf-perl] Can I rant, rave, and delurk for a moment?

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Thu Feb 17 16:14:04 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 12:15:22PM -0800, Duane Obrien wrote:
> Apologies - I need to vent to people who will understand.  Also - Hi.
> I've not met any of you.  I don't think.  I need to make it out to a
> talk.

And a lovely day to you, too :)

> So I get called into this meeting yesterday, you all surely know the
> kind.  Several panicked managers, big huge project, last minute
> emergency, need it now need it now need it now, build test verify
> and deploy in less than a week.

Right.  You almost alwasy know when somebody is telling you that
something is just incredibly urgent in this business and it is not.
It's usually better simply to call bullshit on this than to stress
yourself with a totally artificial hurry.

Luckily, there are jobs available for many with skills :)

Cheers,
David Fetter david at fetter.org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!