[sf-perl] Duplicate copies of messages

Chris Palmer chris at noncombatant.org
Fri Dec 16 12:56:06 PST 2005

Vicki Brown writes:

> >I'd rather you didn't.   There's just no way I can reliable remember
> >to look for duplicates every time I hit "reply all".
>
> I would strongly suggest that you train yourself NOT to hit "reply
> all" (on this or most mailing lists).

Does anyone here know Perl? Maybe we could have the dead address call a
script that kills the message if the message was also sent to the new
address, or forward it to the new address if not.

> In our case, the list is configured to reply to list (which WILL
> include the sender). If you reply to all, by definition you're sending
> duplicates to somebody.

GNU Mailman can handle this, too.

Make the computer do work, not the person -- especially when it's become
a religious issue for shut-ins and control freaks as it has.

--
http://www.noncombatant.org/
http://www.boshuda.com/