[sf-perl] Code Con..and Job opening
sigje at sigje.org
Tue Dec 13 15:19:16 PST 2005
My company Decru, http://www.decru.com is looking for a web apps person.
I do the job currently (as well as a myriad of other jobs) so I know
exactly what is needed. php mysql fundamental understanding of web design
all very good. This is for the external site, as well as internal sites.
Please send me your resume if you are interested in this position. If you
have other questions, I can answer them. The company is a great place to
work.. it's in Redwood City. We have a great culture and a good outlook.
Also.. Code Con is coming up.. if you have a project you want to talk
about, you can submit it to them.
February 10-12, 2006
San Francisco CA, USA
Call For Papers
CodeCon is the premier showcase of cutting edge software development. It
is an excellent opportunity for programmers to demonstrate their work and
keep abreast of what's going on in their community.
All presentations must include working demonstrations, ideally
accompanied by source code. Presentations must be done by one of the
active developers of the code in question. We emphasize that
demonstrations be of *working* code.
We hereby solicit papers and demonstrations.
* Papers and proposals due: December 15, 2005
* Authors notified: January 1, 2006
Possible topics include, but are by no means restricted to:
* community-based web sites - forums, weblogs, personals
* development tools - languages, debuggers, version control
* file sharing systems - swarming distribution, distributed search
* security products - mail encryption, intrusion detection, firewalls
Presentations will be 45 minutes long, with 15 minutes allocated for
Q&A. Overruns will be truncated.
Submissions are being accepted immediately. Acceptance dates are
November 15, and December 15. After the first acceptance date,
submissions will be either accepted, rejected, or deferred to the
second acceptance date.
The conference language is English.
Ideally, demonstrations should be usable by attendees with 802.11b
connected devices either via a web interface, or locally on Windows,
UNIX-like, or MacOS platforms. Cross-platform applications are most
Our venue will be 21+.
To submit, send mail to submissions-2006 at codecon.org including the
* Project name
* url of project home page
* tagline - one sentence or less summing up what the project does
* names of presenter(s) and urls of their home pages, if they have any
* one-paragraph bios of presenters, optional, under 100 words each
* project history, under 150 words
* what will be done in the project demo, under 200 words
* slides to be shown during the presentation, if applicable
* future plans
General Chair: Jonathan Moore
Program Chair: Len Sassaman
More information about the SanFrancisco-pm