[sf-perl] Venue announcement

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Wed Apr 20 13:18:10 PDT 2005

I am very pleased to announce that I've quit my job at BGI to start my own
company. :D This has been in the works for a long time, but I've had
to keep it quiet.  (In fact, the company itself will stay in stealth
mode for a while.)

The one practical consequence for SF.pm is that we can no longer meet
at BGI.  I've been looking for other venues, and I have a few good
candidates, but I would like to have more.  (I think it would be nice
to rotate venues sometimes.)  Therefore I'm asking for y'all to think
about whether you can use your company (or loft, or house) as a venue.
Criteria are

- It must be in San Francisco, near downtown.
- It must be able to accomodate 30 to 40 people.
- There must be room for people to consume food. ;)
- You must have a video projector and a computer to drive it.  This is
  a tough one, I know, but it makes logistics a lot easier.
- The venue doesn't have to allow alcohol, but that would be nice.

If you know of such venues, please mail me at qw at sf.pm.org.

One more note:  I'll be out of the country in May.  SF.pm will have a
dinner meeting that month, organized by Rich Morin, Commander 'n'
Chef.  The meeting will take place May 23; watch this space for
details.

Thanks,

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut