[San-Diego-pm] Hiring Lead IT Project Manager San Diego

Julie wootton julie at sdhrconsulting.com
Mon Apr 23 08:38:41 PDT 2012

I am hiring a Lead IT Project Manager which is a brand new position for an
international online education company located Downtown San Diego.  Please
send your resume if interested in immediate consideration.

Amco is two things, education and innovation.

Amco started as one man's vision to solve a simple problem for the students
of his own school. In a little over a decade we've grown into an
international multimillion dollar company positively affecting the lives of
over 150,000 students a year.

Despite our rapid growth we've remained true to our roots in education and
innovation, and today we have a great team with a passion for what we do
that feels like a family. We have a culture of growth and development, and
mentoring the "kids" is a big part of what we do here.

So, where do you fit into all this?
We have an amazing team of developers, designers and other implementers
looking for a shepherd and facilitator. We also have another less
experienced project manager looking for a mentor who can guide and help with
best practices and her growth and development. Our project landscape is
constantly evolving; new products and big shifts in existing products are
the norm.

If we sound like a good fit for you culturally, and if our problems pique
your interest, please see if your skills fit what we need :)
. You live and breathe the Agile Manifesto
. You understand fundamental principles and never blindly follow practices
. You might have had experience with one of the formal agile processes like
XP, Scrum, etc.
. You prefer to march to the beat of your own drum
. You feel an intense sense of ownership for anything you're involved in
. You herd cats in your spare time
. Hablas Espanol? Not required but preferred.

We've developed some highly effective metrics for filtering applicants. You
can still try, but you're probably not what we're after if your CV. . .
. is not itself an example of concise, simple communication
. lists the waterfall process or writing documentation as a strength
. contains the word "enterprise"
. mentions specific project management programs as a skill
. contains any speling errors

You can try to remove those things from your CV and sneak it past me, but we
have a team of highly trained kittens who can sniff out fakers. Not that
it's worth saying, because a faker won't have read this far in the ad
anyway.

What else?
We're in downtown San Diego. This is an on-site role (yes yes yes, I've
heard it all before, remote-working is the future. Let's just agree that
it's not you, it's me -- the role is still on-site).
Pay is negotiable, but I'm in the high five to low six-figure ballpark -- so
bring your A game. We have great medical, dental and vision options. We have
Social Friday where we break out into gaming, beer and pizza.

Cheers,

Julie Wootton

San Diego Human Resources Consulting, Inc.

Principle Consultant

7040 Avenida Encinas Suite 104-41

Carlsbad, CA 92011

760-438-8046 Office