[San-Diego-pm] Running PHP slide show from Perl

Joel Fentin joel at fentin.com
Wed Oct 6 10:29:26 PDT 2010

Thank you for getting back to me.

On 10/6/2010 7:21 AM, Christopher Hahn wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Just a quick one, but when I see:
>
> "No such file or directory ./plant1.php"

I think that refers to the question mark in line one of
plant1.php. There is also an error mentioned for line three. The
.php program itself has been located and something is attempting
to deal with it.

I believe you can run commands like dir and xx.exe via system().
But can you run xxx.php? If not, how is it done?

An experiment: system('dir');
This shows me the working directory is correct.

> I wonder if the problem is the cwd when running is not where this
> lives.

I don't understand.

> Perhaps you can fuly qualify the reference to plant1.php?

If by fully qualify, you mean:
system('http://calscape.com/Raja99/plant1.php');
system('/Raja99/plant1.php');
system('/home6/calscape/Raja99/plant1.php');

These are worse. The error is in Perl saying it can't find the file.