[San-Diego-pm] zip map overlay

Joel Fentin joel at fentin.com
Wed Apr 21 08:50:51 PDT 2010

Chris Grau wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 07:44:44PM -0700, Joel Fentin wrote:
>> Is there anything out there where you give it a zip code (or zip
>> codes) and it overlays a color over that/those zip code(s) on Google
>> maps?
>>
>> Anything similar?
>
> A quick Google search found me this: http://www.zipmaps.net (I don't
> think that's actually irony).
>
> Is that what you were looking for?  I don't think there's any Perl
> involved, though.

Probably not, but I'll take a closer look.

Suppose a particular native plant grows in an area roughly
corresponding to a few zip codes. Suppose you wish to display a
map with said area overlaid or highlighted on a web page.

When you are dealing with thousands of plants, something dynamic
is needed. If something new is understood/discovered about the
plant one might also change its boundaries.

Thank you for getting back to me.

--
Joel Fentin       tel: 760-749-8863
Biz Website:      http://fentin.com