[San-Diego-pm] Release: Camelbox 2009.141.0110Z-tahi

Brian Manning elspicyjack at gmail.com
Thu May 21 15:08:35 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Joel Fentin<joel at fentin.com> wrote:
> Brian,
>
> I am confused. Why would I, an unsophisticated user, want this instead of
> that from ActiveState?

Because you...

1) hate compiling the entire Gtk2-Perl stack by hand on Windows

-or-

2) hate compiling the DBD libraries (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, ODBC)
by hand on Windows

and would rather have someone do it for you instead of installing a
compiler of some sort, and then munging with Makefiles and whatnot in
order to get things to compile on Windows, and then installing it, and
then maintaining it.

Most of the packages that I include with Camelbox don't come with
ActiveState, and it's a royal pain for anyone to get all of the things
I include working on any Windows Perl, let alone ActiveState.

Thanks,

Brian