[San-Diego-pm] Check out the new DBR library

Daniel Norman daniel at danielnorman.net
Thu Jun 18 22:22:53 PDT 2009

Greetings all,

As discussed at tonight's meeting, here is the ORM project I've been
working on for Drjays.com

I should mention that this is a very new project. It's still fairly
immature, though fairly well tested by our QA department, and
reasonably bug free.
It currently supports only Mysql and SQLite, but Postgres and other DB
support is planned.
It's very light on documentation at this point, though the examples
directory has several examples that work right out of the box,
including SQLite databases.
The perldoc is non-existant right now, but it will be forthcoming over
the next few weeks.

The project page:
http://code.google.com/p/perl-dbr

(very limited) Documentation is available here:
http://code.google.com/p/perl-dbr/wiki/Documentation

I suggest you use the trunk for the time being, though tarballs will
be available soon
svn checkout http://perl-dbr.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ perl-dbr-read-only

So feel free to have at it. I'd love to hear what you think.
I welcome any and all criticism, provided you elaborate, rather than
just saying "It stinks"
How does it stink, and why? :-p

Cheers,
Daniel-