[San-Diego-pm] Software Implementation Engineer at

Russ Schnapp rlssdpm at schnapp.org
Thu Aug 27 15:38:32 PDT 2009

Christopher Hahn wrote:
> I like their sense of humor, given the last set of requirements.
>
> Thank you for letting us know!
>
> Chris

I assume you are referring to...

>> Physical and Time Related Job Requirements:
>>
>> Performing the responsibilities of this position requires the following
>> physical demands:  regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle,
>> or feel; talk and hear; occasionally required to reach with hands and arms;
>> must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift
>> and/or move up to 50 pounds.  Specific vision abilities required by this
>> position include close vision and ability to adjust focus.  The noise level
>> in the work environment is usually quiet.  Workspaces are usually cubicles.

This is probably not a humorous matter at all.  Many programming jobs
can be very handily carried out by physically challenged people.  These
physical job requirements are probably present in order to inform
physically challenged candidates.  If I were in that situation, I'd
prefer to know the requirements up front, rather than wasting my time
(and the employer's) by calling them.