[San-Diego-pm] Converting Time from UTC

Chris Radcliff chris_radcliff at mac.com
Fri Feb 1 15:57:04 PST 2008

Hi Mark,

There may be a DateTime formatter module that includes your particular
format. For example:

http://search.cpan.org/~schubiger/DateTime-Format-Natural-0.66/lib/DateTime/Format/Natural.pm

There are many to choose from, so you might want to try a few and see
which one does the best (and possibly fastest) job. Each one will let
you go straight from a string to a DateTime object:

my $parser = DateTime::Format::Natural->new();
my $dt = $parser->parse_datetime($date_string);

...and from there you can use DateTime functions as you described.
Hope that helps.

Cheers,
~chris