[San-Diego-pm] Problem

Joel Fentin joel at fentin.com
Thu Apr 24 19:30:53 PDT 2008

Urivan Saaib wrote:

> I'll suggest to change your approach to something like the following:
>
> 1. Edit the message using an HTML form
> 2. Post the content to your perl CGI
> 3. Your perl code saves the content and flags a new message
> 4. Something like a cron job could be monitoring the flag and send the
> message if necessary
> 5. After sending messages it updated the flag (with a date stamp possible?)
>
> This way you won't be waiting for the emails being sent. You'll just have
> to wait for the next minute and have your HTML form to update every X secs
> to display the resulting message from your cron script.
>
> Just my $0.02
>
> Regards,
> Urivan A. Flores Saaib
> CiberLinux Networking
> Email: saaib at ciberlinux.net

Urivan,

Someone explained to me what you are saying.

What if program 1 starts program 2 which starts program 3? Does that
eliminate the chron job?

Also, What was Brad Fox saying about flushing Apache?

Third. Isn't the root of this the fact that Apache 1.3 is set different
than Apache 2.2?

perl perl perl
--
Joel Fentin       tel: 760-749-8863