[San-Diego-pm] Job Opportunities
rkleeman at energoncube.net
Wed Jul 12 10:27:39 PDT 2006
If anyone is looking for a job, there are several available here.
Contact Evan directly if you are interested.
----- Forwarded message from Evan Donaldson <edonaldson at eastridgeinfotech.com> -----
From: Evan Donaldson <edonaldson at eastridgeinfotech.com>
Subject: Job Opportunities
Below is the synopses of the positions we currently have available:
Please see the 5 perl-centric development positions I have available
(two direct, one contract to direct, and one direct hire)
I appreciate referrals (and do pay a referral fee!) Please keep us in
mind. Job link: http://www.eastridgeinfotech.com/JobSeekers/
Job Title Perl Developer
Location San Diego (Mira Mesa Area)
Date Posted 07 / 10 / 2006
Our San Diego client, the leader in online identity protection and
privacy software, is currently seeking a programmer to join their team
and maintain their server applications running on Linux servers, as well
as participate in developing new applications with the team.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a in a fast-paced
environment both on an individual level and within small groups.
To qualify, you must have experience in the following:
Perl, SH/BASH, SQL, Linux/Unix, C/C++ and Debian a plus
RDBMS, MySQL preferred
Apache, modperl and mason a plus
Postfix experience a plus
Using revision control system (prefer CVS or Subversion)
Must be able to demonstrate technical excellence in his/her personal
work as well as contribute to the team's continued success by sharing
Must be a self-starter, able to work independently, as well as part of a
What they offer: competitive salaries, 401k, PTO, medical and dental
coverage, as well as other employee benefits.
If interested, please send an updated targeted resume, full contact
information, and please put "Perl Mongers job 9457" in the subject line
for proper routing.
Eastridge Infotech sets the standard for excellence in recruiting for
the technology industry. We offer solid opportunities, competitive
wages, and comprehensive benefits. If you are looking for a career path
to success, contact us now!
Eastridge Infotech... Providing people with opportunities and enrichment
Company Name Eastridge Infotech
Job Title Perl Developer -4 pos. contr. and dir.
Location San Diego (La Jolla)
Date Posted 07 / 10 / 2006
Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineer.
4 positions (two contract, two direct hire - please indicate preference
in the email!)
The salaries for the Jr/Mid level are 50-75k, and for the Mid/Sr. are
75-110k. Contract rates are commensurate with experience.
We are seeking a highly motivated senior level developer to join our
Client's product development team. The position is responsible for the
development and support of our wireless and web based applications. The
software engineer will work on full life cycle application development
as well as support existing wireless and web based applications. This
position will report to the Director of Software Development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A.) ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Work with team members to develop and support new and existing
* Work as either a team lead or team member depending on project
* Responsible for analysis, design, coding and debugging applications
using PERL, JAVA, C, C++.
* Develop requirements, design documentation and allocate tasks to
* Coordinate resolution of incident reports generated against products
* Interface with other product teams and collaberate on cross-product
* Troubleshoot system problems in the web components, middleware and
* Proactively communicate project status and recommend appropriate
courses of action for development/support projects.
B.) OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participate in customer meetings for presenting designs and
implementation approaches, gathering feedback/requirements, and
reviewing project status.
* Assist in estimating effort for proposals and project planning.
* Report progress to project and management team through status reports
* Assist QA with test plan and procedure review and troubleshooting
* Assist operations with troubleshooting operational issues related to
deployed product line.
A.) ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
* BA or BS in Computer Science or related discipline.
* 8+ years relevant technical experience. Project management experience
* Experience with Java, PERL, C, C++
* Strong knowledge of SQL and databases
* Understanding of MIDP, Midlets, Wireless Development
* Experience with HTML, XHTML, XMLRPC.
* Experience with Apache Web Server.
* Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux and Windows.
* Understand of networking protocols.
* Critical thinker and detail oriented.
* Great troubleshooter.
* Completes tasks accurately and on time
* Works well in a team environment.
* Passion for getting the job done right.
* Good communicator
* Self-starter; disciplined.
* Good organizational skills.
* Ability to multitask.
* Good work ethics.
* Experience with PHP
* Experience with BREW
* Experience with J2ME
* Experience with SMS, SMPP
* SOAP protocol
* Experience in Wireless Communication Industry.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Project,
* Experience with CVS.
* Experience developing products used in a 24-7 environment.
More information about the San-Diego-pm