[San-Diego-pm] Potential openings and reasonable salary

Matthew Metzger mmetzger at digitalworldnews.com
Sat Feb 26 20:48:49 PST 2005

Hello,
      I am writing to find what is felt to be a reasonable relative
      salary scale for a Perl developer in the San Diego area and the
      number of Jobs out there for one who programs in the language. I
      was in San Diego for a number of years but most of my work was
      with Microsoft tools/applications. In the past year I started
      back with Perl after a 4 year sabbatical from the language. I am
      really starting to get into it. Additionally, my long-running
      frustration with Microsoft products has hit its end with the
      release of the .net development environment.

      To put my experience into perspective, I have worked with Perl a
      total of around 3 years. 2 of them long ago, and one recent. I
      am well versed in MySQL, MSSQL, PHP, ASP & (.net) and favor XML
      as a description and communication protocol. My other skills
      lie in Photoshop, Flash(MX) and general web development. My
      overall experience as a developer, architect and team lead is
      approximately 6 to 7 years.

      I am not currently in San Diego, but am looking to return there
      within the year. I would not necessarily be looking for a lead
      position or anything like that. Just a general programming
      position.

      Any help with a guess at salary or availability of these type of
      jobs would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

      Matthew Metzger