question

Bruce Timberlake bruce at brtnet.org
Fri May 14 12:38:50 CDT 2004

~sdpm~
> This may do the trick:
>
> $FORM{'subject'} =~ s/[^A-Za-z0-9.]//g;

Shouldn't that be

$FORM{'subject'} =~ s/[^A-Za-z0-9\.]//g;

Doesn't a "." without an escaping \ match *any* character? If so, that
would throw away *anything* in the incoming string! :)

And now that I'm looking at it more, doesn't that regex actually
change the characters he wants to keep, and leave all the
undesirables in the string??

Maybe I need more coffee this morning...
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org