Question

Bob Kleemann rkleeman at energoncube.net
Tue Jun 3 02:00:42 CDT 2003

~sdpm~
The answer on that would be a definite no, almost...

In just about every condition that you would normally run into,
this *should* be impossible.  Microsoft security being what it is
though, it isn't as impossible as it should be.  Assuming that you
do want to be legit though, the only way that something like this
could happen is with Mr. Sixpack's help.

If you give us a better clue to what you are trying, we can probably
guide you in the right direction on how to get Mr. Sixpack to help
you out.  As the problem stands though, you'll have to try a different
approach.

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 10:56:47PM -0700, Joel Fentin wrote:
> ~sdpm~
> Is there a way to run a program in the computer from the server?
>
> For example. Joe Sixpack has a perl script
> (http://www.xxx.com/cgi-bin/xxx.pl) in the location window of his
> browser. As the perl script executes, one of it's jobs is to run
> an .exe (or some other) program in Mr. Sixpack's computer.
>
> --
> Joel Fentin    tel: 760-749-8863    FAX: 760-749-8864
> email:         joel at fentin.com
> biz:           http://fentin.com
> personal:      http://fentin.com/me/
>
> ~sdpm~
>
> The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org
>
> List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org
>
> If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list,
> you can send mail to <majordomo at happyfunball.pm.org> with the following
> command in the body of your email message:
>
>     unsubscribe san-diego-pm-list
>
> If you ever need to get in contact with the owner of the list,
> (if you have trouble unsubscribing, or have questions about the
> list itself) send email to <owner-san-diego-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org> .
> This is the general rule for most mailing lists when you need
> to contact a human.
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org