Math::NumberCruncher::Exp

C. Abney cabney at ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 2 13:21:28 CST 2003

~sdpm~
I resorted to converting all my numbers to their respective natural
logarithms in my efforts to get around (what I believe are) the rounding
issues with Math::BigFloat, and completing my arithmetic manipulations
with those.  And to my surprise I found Math::NumberCruncher::Exp
appears to assume a number greater than zero when I tried to do the back
conversion.  It returns a number, I didn't check the value of the result
but it appears to've changed the sign: I get a number far greater than
one.

I finally changed the sign on the number and ->bpow(-1)-ed after
Exp()-ing it to get around that one.

I'm using an empirical method to determine the number of digits I should
expect to get from a (negative) power of e, is there a formula I can use
for that?  I'm trying to get at least 5 or 6 digits in the mantissa.

Yours,

Charles
--
Charles Abney