O'Reilly Open Source Convention info and pass

Bob Kleemann rkleeman at energoncube.net
Mon Jul 1 16:40:03 CDT 2002

~sdpm~
When it rains, it pours, even more info today:

We will soon have a pass to give away for the Open Source Convention.
I'm debating whether it's going to be via a raffle, or small programming
contest, or something else, but it'll happen soon, pay attention to
your email.

In case anyone is interested, Open Source Convention and discount info
from OReilly is attached below.

THE STRANGE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING OPEN SOURCE VENDORS
Tim O'Reilly explains why open source is good for businesses even if it
isn't always good for software vendors. "Customer lock-in is the real
enemy of business, not the GPL," Tim says.
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2002/06/28/vendor.html

For the latest on open source, don't miss O'Reilly's upcoming Open
Source Convention in July.  http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/

User Group members are eligible for the "User Group" discount of 20%.
The User Group discount code is DSUG.

To register go to:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2002/create/ord_os02
~sdpm~