offtopic? Math::BigFloat

Douglas Wilson dgwilson1 at cox.net
Sun Dec 22 04:51:31 CST 2002

~sdpm~
You mentioned privately that the routines were slow (pure perl never has
been that
good at arbitrary precision number crunching), but I've since noticed that
there are options to Math::BigFloat to use Bit::Vector, Math::Pari, or
Math::GMP as backends (and they are all C or XS libraries), and
I though it might be worth sharing with
the group. It may help, I don't know if it'll help you
enough, but it may be worth looking into. You might have to change
the 'use Math::BigFloat' statement within Math::NumberCruncher, or
maybe it would be enough to pass in your own Math::BigFloat
numbers to the Math::NumberCruncher routines.

Cheers,
Doug