Back button (I did it.)

Joel Fentin joel at fentin.com
Tue Dec 10 22:49:26 CST 2002

~sdpm~

> Joel> I finally solved my own problem of a back button in perl.
> Joel> Is there any reason why I should not use it?
>
> Uh, it doesn't do a thing in my JavaScript-disabled browser?
>
> Uh, it's insulting to people who know there's a "back" button
> on the main bar or menu?
>
> Uh, What was your question again?

Thank you for ridiculing my efforts to understand what is at work here.
===================
Further experimenting has shown me that the back button (in a perl script)
only works if the code for the submit button is not in a form. If it's
between <FORM> & </FORM> or under a line like:
print $co->start_form();
it won't work. This is the case with Internet Explorer.

That probably means it won't work at all with Netscape.
--
Joel Fentin    tel: 760-749-8863    FAX: 760-749-8864

email: joel at fentin.com    web: http://fentin.com

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org