Last night's meeting

Todd Rockhold todd.rockhold at ontogen.com
Thu May 17 09:10:21 CDT 2001

~sdpm~
Last night we talked a bit about decorations for
T-shirts we all might wear at the O'Reilly conference
in July.  It was noted that we may not use a camel
without O'Relly's permission.  Before the meeting
President Kleemann had suggested "just a local
Perl hacker" and many of us liked that.  One of our
members works for someone who also owns Geek Gear
(correction, please -- I know neither the official
name nor the URL) which could produce the shirts.
We need to start kicking around ideas for the T shirts
because we only have two meetings between now and
the conference.

Chris Radcliff regaled the assembly with tales of writing
"The Book".  Remember that as we read it (we ARE going
to read the book, AREN'T we?  Good. I thought so!) the
last third or so was typed on a keyboard with broken "6",
"hyphen" and  left "shift" keys.  Chris didn't use these
exact words, but my take on it was "writing a book is
harder than you think, even after taking that statement
into account".

And -- thanks, Chris, for the pizza -- yum! yum!
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org