last night's meeting

Chris Radcliff chris at velocigen.com
Thu Jun 21 13:23:01 CDT 2001

~sdpm~

Todd Rockhold wrote:
> I got there late and somebody was discussing problems with database
> connections, I think.  Maybe somebody can jump in and summarize that.

I was whining about my problems with Win32::OLE and an errant method
which absolutely requires three (useless) keypresses. Still haven't
solved that one, even after trying Win32::Console, Expect, and
IO::String. Hopefully the Perl Monks (http://www.perlmonks.org/) will
have a solution.

> So we need to decide on the bit of
> code we want so the design can be sent to <somebody throw me a bone here...
> Café something-or-other>.

Cafe Press. http://www.cafepress.com/) They take any image file and put
it on t-shirts, hats, mugs, mouse pads, and speedboats. For an example,
check out http://www.cafepress.com/globalspin

> CAG mentioned a couple of open source things which a few people scribbled
> down on their notepads: Open Journal (http://www.grohol.com/downloads/oj/)
> and rt2 (http://www.fsck.com/projects/rt/).

Actually, I think he mentioned LiveJournal (http://www.livejournal.com/)
as the one he's involved with. Rather nifty interface, actually.

Cheers,
~chris
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org