Free Dmitry

Bob La Quey robertl1 at home.com
Fri Jul 20 17:43:55 CDT 2001

~sdpm~
Hola PerlMongers,

Have any of you been following this flap?
The list has attracted over 400 subscribers in the first two days of
its existence. Traffic is running around 50 messages/hour and bursts
to 100 ...

There will be alot of activity at the OSCON this next week
protesting the Sklavsky Affair and the DMCA. For those
who might be intrested, I suggest that all those concerned
with this issue who are in San Diego by Sunday evening can
meet at say:

8:00 PM in the Lobby
Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina
1380 Harbor Island Drive
San Diego, California 92101

This is really a natural place for old friends attending the
OSCON to meet first anyway. We just hold up a few "FREE DMITRY"
signs and then self-organize from there. If it is crowd then
we will find a place to take it. Hotels have plenty of places
for crowds.

Hope to see you there,