A clarification regarding OS2k1.

Chris Radcliff chris at velocigen.com
Fri Jul 20 09:04:35 CDT 2001

~sdpm~
cabney wrote:

> Only the /keynote/ speeches were mentioned specifically with regard to
> which parts of the conference we may access using this pass. Are other
> sessions also going to be available?

Actually, Randal's right. No "sessions" are included with the Exhibit
Hall pass. Of course, my observation from previous shows is that
keynotes, esp. Larry's State of the Onion, classify more along the lines
of "events" or "mobs" with all sorts of people wandering in and out. My
feeling is that a group of folks with local Perl Mongers t-shirts and
nominative passes aren't likely to be ejected from the area. :)

Next year, perhaps we can get ORA to set up a special Perl Mongers Pass
that gets you in for a nominal fee to specially-marked events. If anyone
runs into Nat Torkington or other OSCON bigwigs, plant the idea in their
  heads...

Oh, and one other thing. Keep an eye out for new answers to that
question I had a while back: "Which companies use Perl?" Let me know if
you see companies being represented. Thanks!

Cheers,
~chris

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org