passing array to new page

Alan Stewart astewart at spawar.navy.mil
Thu Sep 21 21:20:27 CDT 2000

~sdpm~
On 21 Sep 00, at 13:34, Bobby Kleemann wrote:

> ~sdpm~
> First off, your script isn't going to act as you assume becuase you are
> using POST as the method, but you are passing your parameters as GET
> param's (I'm pretty sure tha CGI.pm will ignore GET param's if you're
> using POST as the method).

The doc says you can mix, but you have to use a separate function to retrieve
them:

"It is possible for a script to receive CGI parameters in the URL as well as in
the fill-out form by creating a form that POSTs to a URL containing a query
string (a ``?'' mark followed by arguments). The param() method will always
return the contents of the POSTed fill-out form, ignoring the URL's query
string. To retrieve URL parameters, call the url_param() method. Use it in the
same way as param(). The main difference is that it allows you to read the
parameters, but not set them."

Anyway, hidden fields are cleaner, and don't need a separate function.

 Alan Stewart          )-[]-(           Electronics Engineer
 Code D621           ~        ~         Network Operations
 SPAWARSYSCEN       ~          ~  \     Satellite Communications
 53560 Hull St   ( ~            ~  )    tel (619)524-3625
 San Diego,CA  __|___             /|    fax (619)524-2607
 92152-5001   ^\____/^^^^^^\    __| |_  astewart at spawar.navy.mil
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org