ActiveState and spawning commands

Russ Schnapp rlssdpm at schnapp.org
Tue May 30 12:55:42 CDT 2000

~sdpm~

Okay, your point is that some invocations go thru the shell and
some don't.  Got it.  Unfortunately, there's no difference in this
case.

By the way, it turns out that in the Windows world, "echo" is a built-
in to the shell, not a separate executable.

Anyhow, after a little more experimentation, I see that not *all* the
ImageMagick executables are silent when executed via perl.  It's
not a size thing, either.  "identify" is silent, while "convert" talks up
a storm.  And I've tried building ImageMagick as static
executables, just to keep things simple -- no diff.  Very interesting.

<sigh>  I've got to re-install Linux on one of my machines, so I can
back to a rational world!
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org