March Perl Mongers

adms at cts.com adms at cts.com
Mon Mar 13 19:12:09 CST 2000

~sdpm~
Our March Perl Mongers meeting is THIS WEDNESDAY @ 7:00PM.

We will start the meeting with basic introductions and "get to know yas."
Once everyone has arrived and are settled, Alex Shah of Binary Evolution
will be giving a talk/seminar.

The description of the seminar is as follows:

"Many non-Perl developers balk at Perl's syntax for building CGI-based
web sites.  When comparing Perl to PHP, Cold Fusion, Microsoft ASP or
even JSP, the equivalent Perl script appears complicated to newbies.
Perl's web development features have evolved substantially since its
initial use for simple CGI applications.  The talk will focus on some
simple innovations that greatly simplify building web pages with Perl."

"We will introduce concepts for building HTML-based templates.  The
template system will allow web designers and layout experts to build and
change the 'look and feel' of a web site without having to involve the
back-end Perl experts."

"The talk will be exclusively Perl code - not a bunch of bullet points
and silly misinformation.  I expect quite a bit of arguing and feedback from
the other Perl Mongers out there.  Should be fun."

After the seminar, everyone will naturally break up and talk/network about
Perl subjects in which they are interested.

I hope you can attend!

-Garrett Casey

Location:
Binary Evolution 8380 Miramar Mall, UPSTAIRS CONFRENCE ROOM
San Diego, CA 92121

Take 805 to Miramar. East. Second traffic light: Miramar Mall, left. Go two
blocks until you see sharp right turn, turn left into parking lot. You'll
see large sign on left side: 8380 Miramar mall.

http://SanDiego.pm.org
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org