Perl regexp-based Web search portal

John R. Comeau comeaujr at sd.conexant.com
Thu Jul 6 12:59:33 CDT 2000

~sdpm~
Does anyone know of a Web search portal (like Yahoo or AltaVista) in
which the search syntax is based on Perl regular expressions, or any
regular expressions, for that matter?  On Yahoo, I always get pages of
matches for things I don't want because I'm not able to enter the
search the way I want.

Ideally, such a portal would allow regexp searches on the following
fields, selected individually:

  * URL
  * page title
  * page content

Page content seems to be the default behavior for Yahoo and AltaVista,
and that leads to too many matches most of the time.

Please excuse my ignorance in this matter;  I'm not much of a webhead.

--
John Comeau (john.comeau at conexant.com) 858-713-3593 (W)
Um eine freche Antwort war sie nie verlegen.

She was never at a loss for a cheeky answer.
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org