CGI email (was Re: email)

Bruce Timberlake brucet at onebox.com
Fri Feb 25 19:46:17 CST 2000

~sdpm~
Still more ideas... (found this on RedHat's Apache Tips page while searching
for something else)

Topic: What does it mean when my CGIs fail with "Premature end of script
headers" or "Internal Server Error"?

First idea (possibly relevant to you):

Well the most common reason is that the script does not have the proper
permissions. What's probably happening is that when run on the command
line, the script has the same permissions you do, but when run on the
server, its permissions are equal to the permissions that the server
has.

Second idea (which I suspect may be a problem for you if you are tinkering
with this on a box you don't have control over):

One other issue which may arise is that the file you want to execute
must be owned by the same user who owns the directory.

Hope this helps!

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org