CGI email

Russ Schnapp rlssdpm at schnapp.org
Fri Feb 25 19:42:01 CST 2000

~sdpm~
> > open (SENDMAIL,"|/user/lib/sendmail -oi -t -odg") || die "yipes!";
>
> It's still wrong.  Should be /usr/lib/sendmail -- no "e" in /usr
>
> Also, I think you need to do something special with your output
> since you're doing it from CGI...

Presumably, you are talking more about the "die" statement's
output.  Yes, the "yipes!" output would NOT make a browser very
happy.

Bruce is right.  At the very beginning of your script, you probably
ought to start with:

  print <<END;
Content: text/plain

<head>
<title>Diagnostic output from $0</title>
</head>
<pre>
END

...and then close with

print <<END;
</pre>
END

Really, trying to do all of this in the blind has got to be molto
frustrating.  Doesn't verio offer you any pre-debugged CGI scripts
that you could crib from?

...Russ
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org