IMPORTANT: Feb Perl Mongers Meeting

adms1 adms1 at cts.com
Wed Feb 2 12:47:27 CST 2000

~sdpm~
Howdy fellow Perl Monger!

As you know, our monthly meetings were being held in Mira Mesa.
During the last few months, the Mira Mesa location has shrunk in
size by one half and is no longer suitable for our meetings.

Fortunately, Alex and his gang at Binary Evolution have offered to
let us use a great conference room in Miramar.  Last month's meeting
was held at the BE location and it worked out great (pizza was even on-site!).

By my counts, there are currently 36 people signed up for the SDPM
mailing list.  Normally, we are looking at between 8-10 people
(not always the same people) showing up to the meetings every month.

Now that we have a permanent location, and a few more people
getting involved with the group, it is time for the
San Diego Perl Mongers to get organized.

Here is the plan:

1. A few of us will be tracking down as many Perl programmers as we can and
invite them to February's meeting.  This includes calling companies in
San Diego where potential Perl Mongers may work.

2. February's meeting is push to the third Wednesday of February.
OUR NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON FEBRUARY 16, 2000 AT 7:00PM.

8380 Miramar Rd., Suite 105 San Diego, CA 92121
Take 805 to Miramar rd. East. Second traffic light: Miramar Mall, left.
Go two blocks until you see sharp right turn, turn left into parking lot.
You'll see large sign on left side: 8380 Miramar Mall. Suite 105

3. At the meeting we will formalize the structure of our group.
This means electing officers and deciding how future meetings will take place.
This meeting will basically be the "founding" meeting for the
New San Diego Perl Mongers.

Topics of discussion at the big meeting will include:

1. Start using the SDPM mailing list!

2. Future seminar topics.

3. Product demonstrations.

4. Profiling companies and cool projects in San Diego that use Perl.

5. Book reviews.

6. Beginner to advanced tutorials.

7. The Perl community.

8. Building a SDPM script repository.

9. Anything else that comes to mind.

There are hundreds if not thousands of Perl programmers in San Diego.
I am hoping that we make our chapter of the Perl Mongers something special.
With a cooperative effort we can create a network of Perl users
that will support the individual programmer's needs.

I sincerely hope you will attend February's meeting.  I believe we will have
a great showing, and as such, I need you to RSVP.  Simply send an
email to adms1 at cts.com to let me know you will attend.  Also, if you work
with other Perl programmers, please encourage them to attend!

-Garrett Casey

Email adms1 at cts.com to RSVP.
http://SanDiego.pm.org

~sdpm~