how to interact with JavaScript?

John R. Comeau comeaujr at sd.conexant.com
Wed Apr 26 15:39:34 CDT 2000

~sdpm~
How does one write a program to interact with a JavaScript-based web
page?  We have an intranet page written in JavaScript like the
following:

    html
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:16:37 GMT
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
    Client-Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:16:44 GMT
    Client-Peer: 157.152.183.134:80
    Title: ARWeb 3.0.2

    <TITLE>ARWeb 3.0.2</TITLE>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

    var CURRENT_PAGE = null;
    var PAGES = new makeObject();
    var PICKLIST_WIN=null;

    function loadPickList()
    {
    	return PickListStr;
    };

etc.

I couldn't find anything about JavaScript on CPAN.  I was told that
JavaScript is something quite different than Java.

As I've said at the meetings, I'm a complete newbie at web Perl
programming, so any help would be appreciated.

-John
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org