Perl/Tk for Mac?

Russ Schnapp rlssdpm at schnapp.org
Thu Apr 6 16:59:49 CDT 2000

~sdpm~

Joe,

I think you misunderstand what I'm trying to do.  I know I can run
the PERL script itself on all the platforms, including Macintosh (via
MacPerl).  The problem is that command-line things are generally
too complex and/or too difficult to remember.  I need to put a GUI
front end on the script.  Perl/Tk would be perfect for that.  I can do
it easily enough on Windows and UNIX.  Mac is apparently without
a Perl/Tk port.

Embedding this in a Mac-only editor wouldn't be of much use.  We
have access to a Mac UI library, and to a Win32 UI library.  There
are lots of X-based UNIX UI libraries, too.  I would like to have this
thing be able to run anywhere, though.

Hmmmmm...  I just realized out how to achieve platform neutrality,
sans Tk.  It's obvious -- turn the script into a CGI!

That might just do the trick, in the short run...

...Russ
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org