Navbar generator?

Russ Schnapp rlssdpm at schnapp.org
Sun Apr 2 11:16:14 CDT 2000

~sdpm~
Eugene Tsyrklevich wrote:

> ~sdpm~
> See Perl Journal Issue #12 (Volume 3, Issue 4, Winter98). It's
got an article on dynamically generating navigation bars by Lincoln
Stein.

Thanks for the reference.  I'm not a subscriber to Perl Journal, so I
can't retrieve the article.  The description is...

                   A Dynamic Navigation Bar with mod_perl 10
                   Navigation bar envy, sated with Apache and Perl.
                   Lincoln D. Stein

...which sounds to me like it requires the server to be Apache,
configured with mod_perl.  I'm not really looking for a dynamic
solution to this problem.  Instead, I want to compile a static
solution that will work on any http server.  I want to deliver simple,
static pages to the customer, while remaining able to easily modify
all the navbars in a single place.  I don't even want to burden the
customer with a fancy CGI.  A compiler-like solution seems right to
me.

...Russ
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org