personal server portability

C. Abney cabney at cyberpass.net
Tue Nov 2 20:58:29 CST 1999

~sdpm~
This is a web-server configuration issue. If you are using apache you have
something like:

	<Directory />
	Options None
	AllowOverride None
	</Directory>

defined for the root directory and lower, and something like:

	<Directory /home/httpd/cgi-bin>
	AllowOverride None
	Options ExecCGI
	</Directory>

for your cgi-bin.

I'll bet you can figure out the rest (remember to restart the server after
any configuration changes.)

CA
--
Einstein himself said that God doesn't roll dice. But he was wrong. And
in fact, anyone who has played role-playing games knows that God

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Joel Fentin wrote:

> ~sdpm~
> I made a test file called test.plx. It plasters a few words and a
> button onto the browser. It will run only in c:\program
> files\apache group\cgi-bin. The browser wants to down load (not
> run) it if it is anywhere else.
>
> I presume there is a way to change this. Nothing I have tried has
> worked.
> --
> Joel Fentin    tel: 760-749-8863    FAX: 760-749-8864
>
> email: joel at cts.com     web: http://efm.simplenet.com
> ~sdpm~
>
> The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org
>
> List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org
>
> If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list,
> you can send mail to <majordomo at happyfunball.pm.org> with the following
> command in the body of your email message:
>
>     unsubscribe san-diego-pm-list
>
> If you ever need to get in contact with the owner of the list,
> (if you have trouble unsubscribing, or have questions about the
> list itself) send email to <owner-san-diego-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org> .
> This is the general rule for most mailing lists when you need
> to contact a human.

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org