[Saltlake-pm] Let's put something together.

David Oswald daoswald at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 11:32:28 PDT 2013

I've announced the group's reboot on Perl Monks:
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=1023752

Let's see if we can turn good intentions into an actionable plan.

We need:

   * Presenters with topics.
   * A venue for our first meeting.
   * Some consensus on what our regular meeting schedule should be
      (ie, 2nd Tuesday each month at 7:00pm?)

So, does anyone know who would be willing to host our first meeting?
Would anyone like to present?  Or at least does anyone have a topic
they would like to see presented?  How does the 2nd Tuesday each month
sound?  ...what alternatives would be better?

I was talking to Peter Bowen (ValueClick, Thousand Oaks) a couple
months back.  He made the excellent point that Perl needs young,
up-coming programmers to take an interest.  Does anyone have ideas of
how we might gain the interest of CS students at the U of U, and SLCC?

Strike while the iron is hot, right?

Dave

--

David Oswald