[Saltlake-pm] Official details on Damian Conway presentation

David Oswald daoswald at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 13:11:11 PDT 2013

Salt Lake City Perl Mongers, with a lot of help from Bluehost and Utah
Open Source present:

Damian Conway, speaking on:

Temporally Quaquaversal Virtual Nanomachine Programming In Multiple
Topologically Connected Quantum-Relativistic Parallel
Spacetimes...Made Easy!

The presentation will be Thursday August 1st, at 7:15pm, at Utah
Valley University's Liberal Arts Building, Room #101.  The talk will
last about 90 minutes, followed by a Q&A session.

Parking is free at UVU after 7:00pm.

Within the Perl community, Damian needs no introduction, but if you
want to forward this message to others outside of the Perl community,
here's a brief introduction:

Damian Conway is a leading Perl5 contributor, author, and CPAN
developer.  His books include Object Oriented Perl, and Perl Best
Practices (among others).  His modules run the gamut from highly
useful to bizarrely inspiring, with titles such as Parse::RecDescent,
Quantum::Superpositions, IO::Prompt, and Lingua::Romana::Perligata
(Program Perl in Latin).  There's a lot more information available on
his Wikipedia page.

It's hard to imagine anyone in the "computer tech" industry wanting to
miss this opportunity to be led, misled, and confused.  The talk we've
selected should have a broad appeal, even outside of the core Perl
community.

Please see the Salt Lake Perl Mongers website ( http://saltlake.pm.org
) for any details I may have missed mentioning in this announcement.

Bring friends.  See you all there,

Dave

--

David Oswald