[Saltlake-pm] OpenWest 2013 Conference Highlights

Community community at utos.org
Thu Apr 18 14:36:43 PDT 2013

Greets all!

A lot of information to cover, so i'll be succinct.

OpenWest 2013 Conference : May 2nd - 4th - Utah Valley University in
Orem, UT
http://openwest.org

* Over 125 presentations including languages: Java, PHP, Python,
JavaScript, Perl, Ruby
* Tracks: Executive (powered by Women Tech Council), Mobile, Business,
Python, Javascript, QA, Ruby, PHP, java, Perl, Embedded, Hands on
Security lab (powered by The Transistor), Data, Ops, Tools & Technique,
Cloud, CMS, Web, Security, Kids, Geek Life, Community
*Keynotes: Phil Windley, Rasmus Lerdorf, Mark Callaghan

! Want to attend the conference for free? Be a volunteer!
openwest.org/volunteer
! Register your Birds of a Feather at : openwest.org/bof

Interested in starting your own business or have a question for the
pros? This year we are featuring the Business Track! We've gathered
together the experts you need to get your idea out in the marketplace.
Attorney Jared Richards is making himself available to questions (submit
yours in advance! - openwest.org/attorney). We will also have Bryant
Armstrong, CPA-CITP of Squire and Associates to speak on matters
financial and will also be taking questions at the end of his
presentation. From here offer giants Matt Smith, Jeremy Smith step up to
the plate to talk about bringing your tech idea to life and how to make
it happen. (May 2nd)

The Executive Track, powered by Women Tech Council helps to bridge the
gap between Upper Management and their army of technologist who daily
make miracles happen in the company. Sara Jones, Patent Attorney and
Director of Business Development at School Improvement Network will
present on Open source v. proprietary: Legal and strategic pros and cons
for startups. Jenny Jessop, Technical Project Manager at Verite will be
presenting: Discussing SEO and Web Trends with the CEO.

I did promise succinct so i'll stop here, but this is shaping up to be
one heck of a conference.

Please use your User Group discount : Maker, MOBILEDEV, OALUG, PLUG,
SLLUG, UHUG, UJUG, UPHPU, URUG, UTAHJS, UTAHPYTHON, UTAHRUBY, UTOS, WPSLC

mj/v