[Salem-pm] Big happenings for SODLUG err I mean HackSalem

John SJ Anderson genehack at genehack.org
Wed Feb 12 21:52:45 PST 2014

So, for those of you that couldn't make the meeting tonight -- we
ended up brainstorming on a better group name and some potential talk
topics. We also started a provisional meeting schedule in the wiki.

I'm going to be changing the name of the group to HackSalem --
changing the Twitter, changing the Meetup name, buying the domain
name, etc. -- in about a week or so (likely, more like the weekend
after this one).

If this name bothers anybody, if anybody has something they think is
better -- now is the time to speak up.

Everybody at the meeting liked this name better because it seemed to
better reflect the kind of talks that we've had, and the kind of talks
everybody was interested in hearing more of -- not just dynamic
language stuff, but hardware hacking and devops and network security
and robotics -- generally, any sort of technical topics. It also makes
it a little bit easier to tell what the group is about, versus the
kinda-horrible SODLUG.

There are also pages in the wiki now listing upcoming speakers and
topics that people were interested in hearing about. Feel free to edit
those pages to reserve a talk slot for yourself, or to add something
that you're interested in hearing about.

Thanks to everybody that came out; we missed the regulars that weren't
there this month, and hope to see you all again in March.

thanks,
john.