[Salem-pm] Coursera Scala course

John SJ Anderson genehack at genehack.org
Thu Mar 28 20:32:53 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Robert Balsley
<dunagh_warrior at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm signed up. I have been watching the videos and reading the online book,
> trying to familiarize myself with the language. So far it seems a bit mathy.

Yeah, a number of the examples have been pretty math heavy,
particularly the square root approximation one. If you haven't deal
with a variable sized epsilon as part of comparing two floating point
numbers for equality before, that was probably not the way to get
introduced to the concept.