[Ruhr-pm] Blog-Eintrag über Ruhr.pm

Veit Wahlich veit at ruhr.pm.org
Sa Apr 25 04:36:01 PDT 2009

Hi Yanick,

Am Donnerstag, den 23.04.2009, 20:50 -0400 schrieb Yanick Champoux:
> 	Before anything else: Entschuldigung für meine schleschte Deutsch.
> I'll try to write as much in German as I can, ober Ich bin afraid Ich
> werde macht viiiiiel Fehler.  :-)

das ist doch bereits wunderbar. :)

I would like to suggest http://dict.leo.org/ -- it is a huge
community-supported dictionary driven by a spin-off of Munich
University. It hosts dictionaries and discussions for both
German<->English and German<->French along with some other languages.

> 	...Du sprichst Französisch?  O.O

Well, in my school days here in NRW applying for the highest school
graduation (Abitur) required passing at least two foreign language
classes. The first foreign language (8-9 years a ~6 lessons per weeks)
is usually English, sometimes French or Russian or a student's native
language if it is not German, but much less time is being spent for the
second (4-7 years a ~4 lessons/week) and third (5 years a 3
lessons/week) foreign languages. Thus the English skills of any German
are usually much, much better. Also bilingual classes (economics,
cultural studies, ...), if they are offered, are usually held in the
first foreign language.

I took English, French and Latin classes, but over the years without any
exercise my spoken French is merely good enough to persuade Frenchmen to
try speaking English... ;)

Beste Gruesze,
// Veit
--