[RostovOnDon.pm] Fwd: [pm_groups] Potential SVG Hackathon-type events, part 2

Анатолий Шарифулин sharifulin на gmail.com
Вт Фев 24 23:15:53 PST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "G. Wade Johnson" <wade на anomaly.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 22:35:29 -0600
Subject: [pm_groups] Potential SVG Hackathon-type events, part 2
To: pm_groups на pm.org

After talking with the SVG IG members a bit, I've got a little more
information on what's possible.

The IG doesn't have any way to sponsor or run a hackathon. We do have
some contact with the SVG Open organizers and may be able to get space
there for a side event.

The IG does have contacts with various groups that are working in SVG
and could help coordinate some "expertise". This could include helping
to get interested groups in touch with projects that need the help
(like the SVG Graph project mentioned by Jozef Kutej).

We should also be able to help with helping groups who are interested
in doing some SVG work become proficient with the technology.

Honestly, I'm willing to pass any suggestions from you or your members
on to the group in hopes we can find some way to help. As I am a fan of
both Perl and SVG (and have worked with both for quite a few years) I'd
love to find a way for the two communities to help each other.

G. Wade
--
Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming; feedback is the
treatment.                                              -- Kent Beck

С уважением,
 Анатолий Шарифулин.