[Roma.pm] Fwd: From books to Software

Flavio Poletti polettix at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 10:40:10 PDT 2014

Josette ha cambiato lavoro...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Josette Garcia <josette.garcia at 2ndquadrant.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Subject: From books to Software
To: josetteorama at gmail.com

Dear User Group Leader

For the almost two decades you have heard from me as the person in charge
of the user groups for O’Reilly UK. Times have changed and I am now
Community Manager for 2ndQuadrant <http://2ndquadrant.com/en/>, global
experts in PostgreSQL support, training, development, migration and
consultancy. I am learning this new role so please forgive me as I get up
to speed on this new subject!

I understand that PostgreSQL is widely used and that companies such as BT,
McAfee, Skype, Heroku etc. are not only users but clients of 2ndQuadrant.
Yes, I used the word Clients as 2ndQuadrant offer training and 24/7 support
to PostgreSQL users but please do not forget that 2ndQuadrant provide lots
of add-ins to PostgreSQL which are free for anyone to work on and a great
proportion of their revenue is ploughed back into the community.

Please let your members know that I will be attending these two conferences
next months:

·         CHAR(14) <http://char14.info/>, Milton Keynes, 8th July – for
anybody interested in  Clustering, High Availability and Replication and
much more. 2ndQuadrant and Translattice will be presenting the important
new technologies of Bi-Directional Replication (BDR). BDR will be explained
in more details offering you the first opportunity to understand how it
works and understand what implementation options are available – directly
from the developers.

·         PGDay <http://www.postgresqlusergroup.org.uk/>, Milton
Keynes, 9th July
– With talks on PostgreSQL features in 9.4, Migrating rant & rave to
PostgreSQL, Business Intelligence with Window Functions, New BI features
from the AXLE project and much more, PGDay focuses on bringing PostgreSQL
users to a whole new level of understanding. It will cover the core topics
you need to be successful with PostgreSQL and will give you the opportunity
to network with fellow users.

One last request, I do not want to spam you, so please let me know if you
do not want to receive further information on the latest developments of
PostgreSQL such as BDR. I will delete the group from the list immediately…
but I do hope you will find some value in reading my announcements.

Kindest regards

Josette

Josette Garcia

Community Manager, 2ndQuadrant