[roch-pm] Help with File handle.

echo dev echo_dev at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 22 11:41:44 CST 2003

Hello,
  I just subscribed to your mailing list in need of a little help.  I have a
program that backs up a give file system or just a set of dir's. Well here
is my problem I have a config sub that reads all the dir's in that give file
system or set of dirs and matches there corresponding names with there paths
and puts them in a config file. I need this file for later reference so I
can thus rebuild the file system if the crash or some other OOPPS.  Well
back to the problem at had when I print something (something more like 500+
lines of paths) to stdio it prints everyone\ but when I print to a file it
does'nt print anything.  I open the file with open
  (CONFIG_FILE, ">/home/hde/file.conf") or
        die "Can't open file file.conf : $!\n";

then I select the output like

select CONFIG_FILE;

I don't have the complete source right now because I am at work but at you
request I will be more then happy to post the sub when I arrive at my house
thanks in advance.  If you are in need of any more info plz let me know so I
can post it thanks a lot.

Happy Hacking
hde