[roch-pm] Site update / meeting notes

Brian Mathis bmathis at directedge.com
Fri Oct 20 15:52:57 CDT 2000

I've updated the web site with the meeting notes from this month's
meeting.  Here are the notes:

Attendees:
	Jonathan Tomer
	Brian Mathis
	Tony Whyte
	Bob Walton
	Anu Heda
	Shmuel Tomer

Introductions - new and returning members

Issues with the IRC client on the web site - most of the servers are down.
I'll try to find servers that are more stable (very hard on EFnet ATM).

Review of CGI Programming with Perl, 2nd ed by Tony White.  You can see the
actual review <a
href="http://rochester.pm.org/reviews/cgi_programming.html">here</a>.

Two books, CGI Programming with Perl, 2nd ed and Programming Perl, 3rd ed
were available to look at, page through, etc..  Apparently, Programming
Perl, 3rd ed has almost twice as many pages as the 2nd edition.

"Introduction to Apache's mod_perl" lecture given by Jonathan Tomer.  This
was very informative and gave everyone a good groundwork for starting to
program for mod_perl.  You can view the lecture text <a
href="http://rochester.pm.org/talks/mod_perl-intro.html">here</a>.

Next meeting: Perl Debugging, using perl -d and the tk interface, ptkdb.
We will try to use a laptop and projector for the presentation.

--
Brian Mathis
Direct Edge