[rochester-pm-list] CPAN through a proxy

Brian Mathis bmathis at directedge.com
Wed Feb 23 09:17:40 CST 2000

We were talking last week at the meeting about getting the CPAN module to
work through a proxy.  Usually, this works, unless you need to
authenticate through it, which I was never able to get working.

Well, I figured it out (I thought I tried this before, but I guess not).
Create a shell script somewhere, I called it 'lynx.sh'

#!/bin/sh

/usr/local/bin/lynx -pauth=username:password $*

END

Then, when configuring the CPAN module, it asks for the lynx location.
Point it to this shell script instead of the lynx binary.  Make sure you
chmod +x on the shell script.

--
Brian Mathis
Direct Edge