[rochester-pm-list] Anyone with experience adding DBI/DBD to ActiveState Perl?

Alex Macur ALEX.MACUR at MDCONSULT.COM
Tue Feb 15 11:53:09 CST 2000

Thanks for the hint Brian.

Being the UNIX bigot that I am I forgot about evil .DLLs. (of course I've
NEVER had a problem due to LD_LIBRARY_PATH being wrong ;-)

I'll look into the ActiveState Perl Package Manager.

My original post was going to be would it be easier to just install FreeBSD
or Linux instead of trying to set up a perl development environment under
NT.

oraperl.pl is ancient. Oraperl.pm emulates the old oraperl API but uses the
current DBI/DBD technology for database connectivity. If you happen to be
unfortunate enough to inherit a large amount of code that uses the old
Oraperl API (IMHO) using oraperl.pm beats doing a major rewrite to the
DBI/DBD API.

Alex