[rochester-pm-list] Web Site update, meeting reminder

Charles Rishel charles at mckeanmachinery.com
Tue Feb 15 08:38:45 CST 2000

These are Inventory photo's for equipment we list on our company web-site.  Once per month I run a report that lists all of our sold items and
remove the photo's for these items from the web-site.  Our inventory listing is updated and imported into the MySql database daily and photo's
for new inventory is added every day.  Sold items are not in the database listing and therefore not listed on the web-site, but the photo's remain.
Rather than spend 2+ hours every month looking at an extremely long list of sold items and manually removing the photo's from the web-site, I
created the script to do that.  It does it much faster than I can.
I generate the sold item list on our AS/400 server, transfer it to the pc then upload that as "remove.txt" to the web-server and run the script to
remove any images that match our sold item list.

Charles K. Rishel
IT Manager
McKean Machinery Sales
http://www.mckeanmachinery.com