[rochester-pm-list] Meeting: 09.15.1999

Brian Mathis bmathis at directedge.com
Sun Sep 12 23:10:08 CDT 1999

Meeting reminder for this week: 8:00pm; Wednesday, September 15th, 1999.

Information can be found at http://rochester.pm.org.

At this meeting we will go over the general usage of Perl modules, where
to get them, how to use them, how to access their docs, and maybe a
little bit of using the CPAN module.  I will also quickly go over the
usage of Perl's 'perldoc' facility.

In doing this, we will be going over the ever-popular CGI module.  This
module allows you to interface your perl programs with web forms.  This
is probably the single most highly used function that Perl is used for
today.

This will lead up to the use of the LWP module suite, which allows an
amazing array of web style functions which allow your Perl program to
have the same functionality as your web browser.

--
Brian Mathis
Direct Edge