[rochester-pm-list] Web site updates

Brian Mathis bmathis at directedge.com
Thu Sep 9 23:21:31 CDT 1999

The Whytes wrote:

> Im grappling with using LWP with cookies and https. There is some nonsense that
> often goes on where pages redirect to themselves or other pages somewhat
> transparently at the browser and pick up cookies along the way.
> LWP needs to emulate this behavior. Just wanted to see if others have run up
> against this. A general LWP discussion would suffice too. I have a CGI
> Javascript/perl script  I could discuss If folks are interested in CGI stuff
> too.
>
> Tony

Ok, well, let's see.. over the past few meetings a recurring theme that
people would like to go over is the use of modules, and CGI stuff.  We
could roll these two together and show how to use modules by presenting
examples using CGI.pm.

The LWP stuff you mentioned seems pretty complex, especially for people
who haven't gotten used to the whole modules thing, so I'd like to se at
least some sort of modules primer before jumping right in to LWP.  The
LWP stuff, however, would be a great example of using more complex
modules all together.

--
Brian Mathis
Direct Edge